Having a baby is no joke—it usually involves hours of labor and then suddenly you’re responsible for a little human being. But then there’s the fact that, in many cases, this baby actually came out of a little, tiny place and the reality is it doesn't snap back into place immediately after delivery.
So what actually happens to your holy grail after birth and what can you do to help your healing process?! Keep reading, you’ll be intrigued.
- Your vagina may be drier for a while.
When you’re pregnant, elevated levels of certain hormones, including estrogen, are coursing through your body. Then, after you give birth, your estrogen drops, which can lead to dryness.
Estrogen helps to keep your vaginal tissue moist with a clear lubricating fluid. Without enough estrogen, not only will you not have the same level of moisture, your vaginal tissue can shrink and become thinner. All of this can make it much drier than normal, causing a chain of symptoms that can be avoided.
If you’re not breastfeeding, your vaginal moisture may go back to normal within a few weeks. But breastfeeding can keep those estrogen levels low, which can make you dry the whole time you’re nursing. Once you stop nursing, your vagina should go back to its normal and hydrated state.
In the meantime, using a Natural Gel can help relieve dryness and discomfort especially if you’re dealing with intense, painful postpartum vaginal dryness. Shades of Shield vaginal moisturizer is made specifically to address this issue and to repair damaged and thinning skin while increasing your natural vaginal moisture.
Shades of Shield is infused with carefully selected natural ingredients:
- Natural Hyaluronic Acid (HA) to maintain proper hydration for optimal intimate skin elasticity and to improve the visible appearance of firmness and skin plumpness.
- Natural Chaste Tree Plant Extract to shield the exposed skin from external irritation caused by synthetic underwear, tight clothes, intense sports activity, and to maintain a healthy microflora.
- ProVitamin B5 to stabilize the skin barrier, which reduces the amount of water that is lost through the skin and thus helps to improve skin softness and elasticity. Provitamin B5 provides relief from itching and reduces redness and promotes skin smoothness and overall health.
Natural Vegetable Glycerin to hydrate the outer layer of the skin, to improve skin barrier function and skin mechanical properties, and to provide protection against skin irritants and to accelerate skin-healing processes.
- Your vagina (and possibly your anus) will be itchy as hell due to tears.
The perineum is the area between your vagina and anus. Though it’s not specifically a part of your vagina, it can also tear during vaginal delivery. Considering that cantaloupe is coming out of your vagina, perineal tearing might not be avoidable.
No matter the degree of tear, or if the doctor had to make a tear, you’ll feel pretty damn sore and itchy while it heals. To soothe the pain and the itch simply apply Pure Bliss Soothing Cream and enjoy a long-lasting relief.
Pure Bliss Soothing Cream is infused with carefully selected natural ingredients:
- Natural Zanthoxylum Alatum Vegetal Extract with powerful antibacterial properties and anti-itching action to instantly relieve that intense vaginal itch.
- Natural Avena Sativa Oat Derivative with anti-inflammatory properties to immediately soothe any pain or discomfort.
- Natural Jojoba Oil to moisturize and to gently calm the intimate skin.
Vitamin E with potent antioxidant activity to naturally restore skin hydration and improve overall intimate wellness.
- You might pee yourself a little.
Childbirth can weaken the pelvic floor, and the pelvic floor muscles help you control your bladder. Translation: It's not uncommon to experience urinary incontinence post-birth, especially when engaging in activities like jumping, running, or even sneezing and laughing. Halo to the rescue! Let’s just say it, no one wants to smell like pee or to encounter any unneeded vaginal infection. So spray Halo before and after everything.
- A unique, natural blend of nature’s most potent active ingredients with antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- Natural Glycerin with emollient properties and therapeutic powers to keep your intimate skin nourished, healthy, smooth, and beautifully attractive.
- Natural Castor Oil with impressive anti-inflammatory effect and antioxidants to help relieve dry, irritated skin, for a softer smoother feel.
- Natural Triethyl Citrate with decomposition powers to eliminate and prevent the overgrowth of harmful bacteria and to suppresses its ability to reproduce, preventing bad odors and vaginal infections.
- 6. Your vagina after pregnancy may be a bit wider
While your vagina and vaginal opening typically shrink back down after stretching during vaginal birth, but still your vagina might be slightly wider than it was in the past. This is by no means something that will definitely happen, but some people do report feeling this way after childbirth. Even if it does happen to you, you may not pick up on it much, or you might notice that sometimes, a tampon will actually giveaway.
Washing daily with Serenity will first help you to quickly wash excess growth of yeast and bacteria and naturally reduce the risk of chronic or recurring vaginal dryness, itching, redness - all are common symptoms after childbirth - and will help strengthen your body’s natural defenses to increase and preserve optimal microflora health, and secondly, using Serenity daily will assure hydrated and renewed vaginal tissue - healing thinning and damaged intimate skin.
- Natural Protein Oats with a soothing and calming action.
- Natural Seaweed to create a protective barrier between your intimate skin and any infections caused by bacteria or fungus.
- Natural Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate and renew the vaginal tissue - healing thinning and damaged intimate skin.
- Lactic Acid to protect the external intimate mucosa and to reinforce your body’s natural defenses to preserve optimal microflora health.
Now, it's true that some things may never be 100% the same again, but there is something you can do today, tomorrow and every day thereafter! following a simple 4 steps intimate care routine designed to deliver you healing benefits and to rejuvenate, enhance and beautify your intimate skin while protecting it from external aggressions, annoying irritations, severe dryness, and unwelcome wrinkles or saggy skin.
- Step #1: Wash Daily With Serenity to gently calm irritation, burning, and severe intimate discomfort, and to safely remove impurities while enriching your intimate skin with nutrients and moisture.
- Step #2: Pure Bliss It When It Itches to enjoy long-lasting soothing action with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-itching performance.
- Step #3: Daily V-Care with Shades of Shield to renew thinning and damaged vaginal tissue for soft, well-hydrated, lubricated and restored intimate skin.
- Step #4: Protect yourself with Halo abilities to fight off vaginal infections and restore a healthy pH balance for optimal microflora wellness.